The Celtic Arts Center present...
A CELTIC NEW YEAR CELEBRATION
Monday, October 31, 2022
at 7PM at The Mayflower Club!
You and your friends are all invited!
Costume and Mask Contest!
Live Traditional Music Seisiún!
Mark your calendars and save the date!
— MORE INFO! —
FALL SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
– MONDAY EVENINGS –
New Monday Night Schedule
at the Mayflower Club! NOW 7 – 11PM!
The Celtic Arts Center is back hosting Monday nights for in-person music and socializing once again. Please come and join us at The Mayflower Club from 7 to 11PM. Admission is FREE and open to the public.
Our Monday Night Schedule for 2022!
- 7 – 8PM
- Irish Language Classes
- Our online Intro to Irish language classes via Zoom serve new and returning students who are both local and learning from a distance. They are currently on hiatus and will be returning in January 2023. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Learners Session
- Our new Learners Session meets in lounge area at the Mayflower Club at 7PM. Ideal for new players or somewhat rusty ones, this slower-tempoed session is perfect those interested in learning tunes or brushing up on their technique. Hosted by fiddler and longtime member, Alaina Smith, the Learners Session will take place just before our Céilí dance class and our regular Celtic seisiún every Monday, except for the first Monday of each month when our grand seisiún starts at 7PM.
- The Mayflower Club will also be open at 7PM for musicians, guests, and the general public to come in, grab a spot and tune up, get a beverage from the club's bar, and relax.
- 8 – 9PM
- Irish Ceili Dance Class
- Open to newcomers and regulars, this class starts off with step-by-step instruction of the basics for beginners followed by the learning of one or two traditional Céilí dance patterns. Everybody gets to participate, young and seasoned dancers, so be sure to wear some comfortable soft shoes/trainers. The class is FREE for Center members and non-members get their first four sessions free of charge!
- 9 – 11PM
- Traditional Celtic Music Seisiún
- For over 35 years the Celtic Arts Center has hosted a traditional Celtic music seisiún (jam session). Now that county health restrictions have been lifted and case numbers are down, we are extending the evening to an 11PM closing time. Our jam session is alive and well! As always, new and returning musicians are all welcome to participate!
- BUT WAIT... THERE's MORE! First Mondays are BACK!
Every first Monday of the month we will forego the dance class and have a Grand Seisiún with the music jam session starting at 7 PM and going on 'til closing time at 11 PM.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFO
Please take into account that LA County has updated its COVID response recommendations and the situation is not over yet, so we are doing everything possible to obey Los Angeles County Public Health office mandates in order to keep everyone safe. We are checking vaccination cards or recent negative test verification of attendees upon entry.
- Masks are strongly recommended, but not required, for all persons with compromised immune systems or other chronic health issues. (We will have free disposable masks and hand sanitizer available.)
- Tables and chairs will be setup socially distanced for your comfort and safety. We appreciate your cooperation throughout the night. The dart room, the green room, the upstairs, and other small spaces are off-limits at this time.
- Musicians are encouraged to bring their instruments to play in our open Celtic music jam session which is held in the lounge area in front of the bar.
- Feel free to purchase some bottled water, a soda, or maybe an adult beverage from the bar. At this time, there will be no potluck and no communal snacks. You may bring your own personal snacks, but we ask that you share them only with the people you arrived with.
Thank you for your cooperation and participation!
Please stay tuned for more updates!
Glad to celebrating together once again!
ONLINE Beginners Irish Language Class Mondays, 7–8PM
Starting up once again in January 2023! Stay tuned for details.
Learner Session: Mondays, 7–8PM
[Except for First Monday of the Month; no learner session.]
Irish Céilí Dance Class: Mondays, 8–9PM
[Except for First Monday of the Month; no dance class.]
|CELTIC ARTS CENTER'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Watch recordings of our special events on
the Celtic Arts Cennter's YouTube Channel
DO YOU WANT TO GET ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT OUR COMING EVENTS?
Please consider supporting the programs and the mission of The Celtic Arts Center.
We are a federally recognized 501.c3 cultural arts organization, so all donations are tax-deductible. To donate online, please use the link below:
An Claidheamh Soluis /
The Celtic Arts Center!
Click here to contact us by E-mail
The Celtic Arts Center's Hours of Operation:
5062 Lankershim Blvd. #3003
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Monday nights 7PM–10:30PM and at specific times
for scheduled classes, events, and performances only.
The Celtic Arts Center / An Claidheamh Soluis is a member supported
non-profit organization and is also partially funded by grants from...