Delaney Reddell, a recent graduate of Edinburgh University in Scotland, will teach a six-week course on the folklore and fairy tales of Ireland and Scotland, using the works of the greatest Celtic fantasy authors of recent centuries. This exciting course will be 90% scholarship and 100% wonder!
CLASS DATES & DESCRIPTIONS
- Week 1 [1/21/2019]:
- Fragments of Ancient Poetry by James MacPherson (1760) and Ossianic Legends
- Week 2 [1/28/2019]:
- Fairy & Folk Tales of the Irish Peasantry (1888) and The Wanderings of Ósiín (1889) by W. B. Yeats
- Week 3 [2/4/2019]:
- Scottish Fairy & Folk Tales by Sir George Douglas (1900)
- Week 4 [2/11/2019]:
- Irish Fairy Tales (1920) by James Stephens
- Week 5 [2/18/2019]:
- The Rental Heart and Other Fairytales (2014) by Kirsty Logan
- Week 6 [2/25/2019]:
- Shoes, Ducks and Maids of the Sea: Irish Retelling of the Tales of Hans Christian Andersen (2014)
All works used, except Kristy Logan, are in the public domain and available online. However, no outside reading is required for this course.
Mondays, January 21 – February 25, 2019
BEGINS ONE DAY AFTER BURNS SUPPER!
at The Mayflower Club
(11110 Victory Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91606)
TIME & LOCATION
8:00PM upstairs in the Board Room
at the Mayflower Club
Entire Six-Week Course:
$60 for Celtic Arts Center Members
$85 for non-members
The instructor is also offering a single-class rate: $10 for members and $15 for non-members.
PRE-REGISTRATION HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
To pre-register, please send an email message to email@example.com,
and tell us:
- Your full name and your contact information
- If you are current Celtic Arts Center Member or not
- And how you would like to pay your tuition (cash, check, money order or credit card)
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO JOIN!
Registration and payment in full are due by the beginning of your first class, at 8:00PM on Monday,
January 21, 2019. We will accept cash, checks, money orders and credit cards (via Square).
See you in Tír nan Óg!